Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lars and the Real Girl



I'm late on this bandwagon. Two years late. But I can tell you that in spite of seeing two of my fav actors in this film (Paul Schneider & Patricia Clarkson) I didn't feel that drawn in by this trailer. I had heard a little something way back when about it from one or two people but nothing remarkable. Then recently someone really WENT OFF about how amazing it was. I watched it the other night.

This is a GORGEOUS film. The message is profound. The acting is superb. Ryan Gosling is spot on brilliant!

I love it so much because at the heart of it - nobody makes Lars wrong. That is what is so profound about it. He receives unconditional love and acceptance. What would it be like if everyone around us didn't try to change us or our peccadillo's but just let them be? And when you were ready to move on you would. Not out of guilt or shame but because you were ready.

What if every one loved and supported you until you were ready? What would that be like? What would it be like if we threw away all the labels we use? Would all of us breath easier?

This movie shows us that we do know what we need to heal. And trusting in that. This movie is also about mercy, love and laughter. Who could ask for anything more?

No comments: