Saturday, June 27, 2009

Spiritual Enlightenment: The Damnedest Thing by Jed McKenna

Stake life upon truth. ~Juvenal

This book is sublime. Truth after truth after truth. Your foundations will be shook and you probably won't be happy about it; at least not initially. But truth ain't about happy; it's about truth.

Some Jems:

"Enlightenment isn't when you go there, it's when there comes here."

"You're either awake or you're not."

"I'll tell you what I wish someone had told me when I was feeling confused and alienated. I wish someone had told me that there wasn't something wrong with me and that I shouldn't be trying to make it right; that I should stop trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. I wish someone had told me that I wasn't like everyone else not because I was defective, but because I was designed for other things. Being different might seem like a curse, but the important part is that it's also a blessing. I wish someone had told me to stop trying to fix the curse part and start figuring out the blessing part."

5 comments:

Truth Seeker said...

Wow, I'm surprised you recommend Jed. Seems like your coaching is about improving your life. Jed's books are about destroying your life. More like poison for the heart. :)

Meet Kim said...

Hmm. I hear you. And I'm finding that destroying one's life is an improvement of sorts. Would you agree?

Meet Kim said...

Dear Truth Seeker: Would you be willing to speak with me? I would really appreciate it.
~Kim
kim@thecoachshoppe.com

Renegade said...

"There are no butterfly experts among the caterpillars..." That's not 'poison for the heart.' It's just the way it is.

Renegade said...

And I wouldn't throw Kim out of bed on a cold night either come to that...